The core purpose of detoxification is to cleanse the body of impurities and toxins. The state of your body is the most crucial component to your recovery once you enter the door. Hydration, brain healthy meals, sleep, medication, yoga, acupuncture and music therapy are just a few approaches you will experience that are specifically designed to heal and nurture your body.
What Are The Physical Challenges of Detoxing?Clients typically arrive at our facility dehydrated, suffering from low or high blood sugar, exhibiting protein deficiencies, and having compromised immune systems. Feeling physically ill is often a trigger for relapse as people seek relief and because this reaction is so common, many people simply cannot detox on their own. To find relief of painful withdrawal symptoms, people immediately go back to using or drinking.
What Are Some Ways That Akua Mind & Body Treats The Body?Akua Mind & Body provides treatment for your entire being – body, mind and spirit. We focus on your physical health first through a safe detoxification of your body. We understand and are prepared for every physical reaction your body will go. Depending on our initial analysis of substances used and concentrations present, we will custom create a detoxification program for you that will not only be safe but also as comfortable as possible. Once your body is stabilized, we can then work through integrating your emotional and spiritual health into harmony as well. Our Holistic Approach and East-meets-West therapeutic methods have proven greatly successful in not only cleansing the body but also in aligning the body, mind, and spirit. We offer a variety of treatment types – both traditional and alternative – to detoxify you extensively and comprehensively. Our integrative drug and alcohol treatment methods include:
- Brain-Healthy Meal Plans: We offer nutritious meals designed to fast-track your physical recovery. Our food choices have been carefully selected to give you the nutritional support you need to recover quickly.
- Medication: We offer only the best medications for your needs, supervised by medical personnel who understand drug interactions and other issues that may impact your withdrawal and subsequent recovery.
- Acupuncture: This Eastern practice is effective in managing physical issues, depression, and anxiety related to drug withdrawal.
- Yoga: Our expert technician works through recovery of both the mind and body, easing tension and stress while promoting mindfulness to achieve mental clarity and physical relief.
- Relaxation in our strictly monitored facility sauna, pool, and hot spa will leave you relaxed and rejuvenated.