Why AKUAAt Akua Treatment Programs, we combine treatment for the mind, body, and spirit into a holistic therapeutic method in beautiful Southern California. Blending clinical excellence with a healing and rejuvenating holistic environment, we have created a detoxification approach fusing the latest advances in addiction medicine with comfort. Akua is more than a hospital or a residential facility; it is a revitalizing detoxification retreat for those who need assistance in dealing with drug or alcohol addictions. Our integrative approach combines physical, psychological, spiritual, and science-based approaches to achieve not only detoxification but a solid foundation for recovery. Our goal is for you to emerge from your stay at our high-end treatment facility in Orange County with the tools you need to confront drug and alcohol dependency. We enable you to do this through the following methods:
Through the Mind:
- Individual and group psychotherapy sessions enable clients to confront deep-seated issues that contribute to dependent and self-destructive behaviors.
- Meditation teaches clients to find a calm, relaxing central point within the body
- Self-help groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Sex Addicts Anonymous and Al-Anon, provide needed support in the “real world” once clients leave our facility.
- Hypnotherapy is used to help build a compendium of coping skills to avoid future addictive behaviors.
- Life purpose coaching is designed to help clients set small goals based on future plans.
- Trauma therapy directly helps clients cope with devastating experiences of the past.
- EMDR or Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy is a comprehensive and integrative psychotherapeutic approach we employ to help those who have suffered trauma.
- 24-hour clinical care and a safe, secure, gender-specific environment create ultimate safety. At Akua Treatment Programs, we pay special attention to client’s needs and aim to make detox a rejuvenating experience.
Through the Body:
- Medication is administered to help alleviate withdrawal symptoms. Medication may also be necessary to treat illnesses or related conditions that parallel addiction.
- Brain-healthy meal plans not only aid in detoxifying the body but also in rebuilding health by supporting whole-body healing.
- Massage therapy releases pain and stress within the client’s body.
- Acupuncture is utilized as a proven health treatment for anxiety, depression, and other addiction-related symptoms.
- Yoga encompasses stress-reducing movements to help the body, mind and spirit focus on a central locus of energy.
- Physical activity is an integral part of recovery at Akua. We plan a wide range of activities to help promote an active lifestyle once you regain energy.
- Nutrition supplements are available to further expedite the body’s reparation process.
- Hydrotherapy and Sauna Therapy contribute to clients’ experience of a calm and relaxing atmosphere.